The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there are vacancies on the Keep Douglas Beautiful Board. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of January 2021 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- City Commission: January 11 & 25, 2021, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street.
- Recreation Commission – January 12, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
- Downtown Development Authority, January 13, 9am, at the Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue. This meeting will be held via Zoom meetings.
- Land Bank Authority – No January meeting.
- Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council –January 21, 6pm, at the Youth Center.
- Planning Commission –January 21, 6pm, at City Hall.
- Historic Preservation Committee – January 28, 2:00pm, tentatively at the Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue. There is a possibility that this meeting will also be held as a Zoom meeting.
- Zoning Board of Appeals – No January meeting.
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.