123 W. Cherry St.
Ph: (912) 389-3463
Fx: (912) 384-5076
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The mission of the Purchasing Department is to purchase supplies, materials, and equipment for all departments of the city. It is also the mission of this department to warehouse supplies and materials that each department has deemed necessary to operate their department efficiently.
The objectives of the Purchasing Department are:
- Purchasing supplies, materials, and equipment for all departments using the bid process to obtain the lowest price
- Warehousing the necessary supplies and equipment for all departments
- Receiving all supplies and materials, unless safety consideration will not allow
- Issuing supplies to all departments at their request
- Disposing of all declared surplus equipment and supplies
The City of Douglas utilizes the services of GovDeals
.com to dispose of surplus items. Please click below for surplus items available for auction.