Media Relations/Event Coordinator
211 S. Gaskin Avenue
Ph: (912) 383-0277
Fx: (912) 384-0130
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Media Relations Division of Community Development is dedicated to educate, engage, and inspire our community to help them better understand and participate in their City Government.
The Media Relations Office is here to facilitate communication with citizens, businesses, elected officials, and the City Manager's Office regarding City services, projects, and events. The Media Relations Office also works to communicate directly with members of the media in both preparing and placing stories and responding to media inquiries. A key goal of this office is to deliver timely, accurate, consistent, cohesive and strategic communications to the City's constituencies. To reach our goal we educate, inform, engage, and inspire our community to help them better understand in their City Government.
Our scope of work is to:
- Facilitate City-wide media relations, events, marketing and communications;
- Produce WDTV-13, Douglas' local government access channel;
- Coordinate Douglas 101 Citizen's Academy, Group Tours, Events, and Festivals;
- Manage the City's website and social media initiatives.
- Marketing / Public Relations
- Tourism / Promotions